Dan is a board certified real property law specialist. He was a partner at Lindquist & Vennum LLP, where he practiced law for nearly a decade. There he completed complex and sophisticated commercial real estate and real estate finance transactions throughout the United States, leading deals from acquisition through development, including leasing, financing and dispositions. He also developed an extensive real estate finance practice, assisting financial institutions with a variety of mortgage loan deals, as well as foreclosures, deeds in lieu, and related dispositions. Dan also assisted numerous energy companies with the acquisition, financing or disposition of a variety of energy projects, including wind, solar, hydro and ethanol. His expertise includes substantial experience in office leasing, industrial leasing, and retail leasing.
Before practicing law, Dan built a career spanning nearly 10 years in 3M Company's Finance Division, gaining experience in the areas of banking, credit management, and accounting.
- William Mitchell College of Law, Juris Doctor, Jan. 2003, Cum Laude
- Ranked 4th in his class
- Awarded the “Student Award of Merit” at commencement
- University of St. Thomas, M.B.A., May 1996, G.P.A. 3.6
- St. Cloud State University, B.S. Finance, Cum Laude
- “Up and Coming Attorney": One of 16 honorees of Minnesota Lawyer in May 2006.
- Minnesota “Rising Star": Selected by the Minnesota Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” 2011, 2012 & 2013.
- Minnesota Shopping Center Association
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Hennepin County Bar Association, At-Large Director, 2011-2017
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Former Section Chair and Executive Council Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Delegation Member, traveling to Havana, Cuba to study the Cuban justice system, 2011
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice, At-Large Director, 2012-2015
- William Mitchell College of Law, Mentor, 2004-2008
- Minnesota Shopping Center Association, Director, 2011-2014
- University of Minnesota civil-rights moot court competition, Volunteer Judge 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
- LegalCORPS, Volunteer Attorney
- Real Estate Diversity Collaborative, committee member